Darkest Dungeon is a gothic roguelike RPG dungeon crawler about the psychological stresses of adventuring. You will lead a band of four heroes on a perilous side-scrolling descent, dealing with a prodigious number of threats to their bodily health, and worse, a relentless assault on their mental fortitude! Five hundred feet below the earth you will not only fight unimaginable foes, but famine, disease, and the stress of the ever-encroaching dark. Darkest Dungeon focuses on the humanity and psychological vulnerability of the heroes and asks: What emotional toll does a life of adventure take?
Game is in early access since February 5, 2015. Official Release is planned on January 19, 2016.
- Manage a team of heroes through the physical and mental stresses of adventuring. Try to stop paranoia, greed, anger, depression, and more from crippling the party.
- Affliction System: Make the most of character flaws and strategically construct your party to overcome hardship.
- Innovative turn-based combat with a nostalgic feel
- Striking hand-drawn 2d gothic art style
- Original score by Stuart Chatwood, composer for eight "Prince of Persia" games and founding member of multi-platinum Canadian rock band "The Tea Party."
- Meaningful consequences and permadeath deliver heightened tension and provide for truly heroic moments.
- A Lovecraftian-inspired story of greed, fallen greatness, and redemption.